Product Manager, Tech Team
The Global Disinformation Index (GDI) is a global not-for-profit organisation dedicated to reducing online disinformation by identifying and labelling domains with a “risk of disinforming” rating. Our goal is to create a world where we can trust what we see in the media.
The GDI is built on 3 pillars:
Independent: The GDI is not for profit and diversely funded. It exists solely to assess online publishers’ risk of disinforming their readers.
Neutral: The GDI is apolitical, global, and evidence-based.
Transparent: The GDI’s rating criteria, index methodology, and detailed assessments will all be public, auditable, and disputable.
- Co-ordinating an internal technical team of 4-6 people who work remotely (and/or on a part-time basis in some cases) to set out project timelines and meet agreed delivery dates
- Keeping product to agreed specs and ensuring design integrity
- Liaising with the CTO and the Programme Director on scheduled deliveries, challenges and any delays
- Working with the CTO to manage the overall delivery by the technical team
- Being a team-spanning resource to ensure both technical and manual sides of the index methodology are developed in sync
- Being the point person for customers and manage customer relationships and leads
- Being a manager and point of contact for the tech team to set objectives, ensure delivery, give feedback etc
Experience and Qualifications
- 4+ years’ product management experience for web applications and data science projects
- Experience leading cross-functional product teams, including data scientists and engineers
- Experience advocating for the customer and solving real customer problems, while using research to validate and inform product direction
- Experience with agile development methodology for rapid prototyping
- Experience defining and articulating guidelines, principles, expectations, goals and success metrics for products
- History of building and growing successful products
- Data-driven but also able to make strategic decisions in the absence of data
- Experience communicating openly and confidently to a wide range of audiences—including executives, engineers, and data scientists
- Experience working on a product with logistical complexity is a plus.
Ideally New York City, but all US locations will be considered.
We will consider part time applications also but require a minimum of 3 days per week. Freelance or employment contracts of 1 year can be considered.
Danny Rogers, Chief Technology Officer
Please send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org